Today was just one of these evenings when I needed something kind of special to eat but didn’t really had time to prepare something time consuming. So after a while I decided it needed to be something that fits with guacamole!
Because guacamole is just always the right choice. It’s not only tasty as hell, but also full of healthy fats and nutrients. It’s just awesome! You can eat guacamole in so many different ways. You can eat it as a topping on likely everything or as a dip for e.g. vegetables, just to name a view.
Since I love spanish and mexican food, I came up with chicken fajita real quick. It suits perfectly with guacamole and preparations are done like in no time. To stay clean and paleo-friendly I had to think of a side dish without corn or flour, so I went with another love of mine 😍 sweet potatos. They are perfect as a side dish and totally paleo-friendly.
It took me 20min and my perfect quick dinner was ready to be enjoyed.
Intgredients for 2 serving:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Onion (I prefer the purple/red ones)
- 1 red paprika
- 1/2 orange or yellow paprika
- 250g chicken breast
- 1 big or 2 small sweet potatos
- A pinch of lemon juice
- Some Oil (i prefer olive and coconut oil)
- Salt, pepper, chipotle chili, cloves
And here is how you do it:
- Start by washing the sweet potato. Cut it in half and brush lightly with oil (i prefer coconut oil here). Add some salt and place in the preheated oven by 180° degrees. The sweet potatos will take 15-20 minutes to be fully cooked.
- At the same time put the chicken breast in a pot with boiling water. Add a pinch of salt or chicken broth.
- While the sweet potato is in the oven and the chicken is cooking in the pot, we need to prepare the paprika and onions for the fajitas. Clean the paprika (red and yellow) and cut it in long, thin stripes.
- Afterwards chop up the onion in small pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, take it out of the pot and pluck it into small pieces.
- Heat some oil (i used olive oil here) in a pan and add the onions (leave some for the guacamole) to it. after 1-2minutes, when the onions are slightly glassy, add the chicken pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, chipotle chili and cloves.
- Now add the paprika stripes and lower the heat. Let it cook until the paprika has the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile prepare the “easy-peacy” guacamole. Cut the avocado in half and pull out the flesh into a pot. Add the remaining onions, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve sweet potato alongside with the chicken fajita and your simple delicious guac.