Basic Cream Cheese Frosting
I do love me a good cupcake, but for me a great cupcake is sweet but not too sweet, rich but not too rich… I guess you see where I am heading =D To make that possible I tried out multiple recipes and frostings. For me a nicely seasoned cream cheese frosting is just the way to go. I played with the ingredients until I found the perfect recipe. Try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for a perfect cream cheese frosting:
- 125 g cream cheese, room temperature (Use a rather stable and heavy cream cheese)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, in pieces, room temperature (alternative liquid Rama)
- 100 g Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar)
- Stir cream cheese in a bowl until it’s creamy. Add butter at room temperature slowly.
- Gradually add powdered sugar (be careful that it is not too sweet), until mixture is stable.
- Season to taste with vanilla extract or vanilla sugar.
- Fill piping bag with frosting and decorated the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate as you like.