Selfmade pumpkin spiced latte
Have you ever tried the Starbucks Pumpkin spiced Latte? Starbucks only sells it during autumn months and pumpkin season. And for me every year it is the same. I just get used to this awesome hot beverage and suddenly the Starbucks Pumpkin spiced Latte period is over. Since I am really into good, healthy and real foods, I decided to try to make a Pumpkin spiced Latte myself.
Ingredients for 1 liter pumpkin spiced latte:
- 450 g fresh or frozen pumpkin
- 700 ml milk (you are on a Paleo diet? Just use nut milk like cashew or almond milk)
- 1-x Tbsp of honey or maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pinch of cinnamon
And this is how you do it:
- Start by cooking the frozen pumpkin in a pot (water should barely cover the pumpkin pieces) until its cooked. Remove from heat.
- Now mash the pumpkin either with a fork, a potato masher or a blender. Slowly add the milk and blend together. Tip: If you want a nice and smooth pumpkin spiced latte as a result I recommend either normal milk or cashew milk as almond milk likes to thicken a little as the almond particles absorb some of the liquid.
- Add spices and sweetener until you achieved the desired taste. Now you kind of have a sweet pumpkin mash.
- If you would use it like this it would probably come out more like a dessert than a drink. Therefore you need to strain it through a fine sieve.
- If your pumpkin spice has the right consistency and taste you are nearly done 🙂 Brew your coffee as you always do. I prefer to use strong coffee in drinks that include milk and therefore would always go with an espresso, but it is up to you. For a perfect pumpkin spiced latte use 200 – 225 ml of pumpkin spice and a double espresso and top with some cinnamon. Tip: If you have a milk foamer you should definitely use it.
Let me know if you liked it!