Simple Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
As i always loved baking it was obvious that i would one day get into the baking of cupcakes as well. So i started a view years ago with this specific recipe and they just came out awesome! They are easy to make, fluffy and rich, but at the same time neither too rich nor to sweet. Even if you are not that much into the taste of bananas this cupcakes are perfect for you, because they don’t really taste like banana at all.
And here is what you need for 12 normal or 24 small banana chocolate cupcakes:
For the dough
- 200 g sugar
- 130 g flour
- 35 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 larg egg
- 1 medium, ripe banana
- 120 ml warm water
- 60 ml milk
- 60 ml oil
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract (Alternatively: 1-2 bags of vanilla sugar or pure vanilla )
For the frosting
- check out my basic creme cheese frosting here
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a bowl, mash a ripe banana, than add warm water and stir together.
- Now go on by adding all the liquid ingredients like the egg, the milk, the oil and the vanilla extract (only if liquid) and continue stirring.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Now slowly stir in the dry ingredients in the first bowl.
- Add the dough to the muffin tin. Bake 20-25 min (Normal cupcake tin size (12 per tin)) or 10-15 min (Small cupcake tin size (24 per tin)).
- Insert a wooden skewer into one of the cupcakes. If no dough sticks to it they are finished.